Trauma Awareness Through Movement
Time & Location
About the Event
Unravel the principles of trauma-awareness in relation to the body and movement.
Dates: Sunday 18th & 25th of April.
Time: 1700-2045 GMT (there will be breaks during the session)
Participants are required to attend all sessions, no recording of the sessions will be available.
Places are limited.
This 6 hour training will give you a chance to begin to explore the ways the experience of trauma may live in the body and how, through a trauma-informed lens, movement can be facilitated and co-created in ways that feel more brave and safe for those involved.
- Understand the basics of trauma theory and the principles of a trauma-informed practice (including invitational language, introspection, choice-making, and authenticity)
- Cultivate a deeper understanding of the mind/body connection and what it means to be trauma-informed
- Recognise the role body awareness can play in supporting people with trauma, PTSD, and related mental health difficulties
- Explore basic movement practices and how they could be integrated into general movement settings
- Better understand the nervous system and its relationship to movement.
- Unpack unconscious bias around privilege and power in order to prevent causing unintentional harm
- Engage in some trauma supportive movement practices.
About our guest facilitator:
Ashley MacDonald, M.Ed, E-RYT, TCTSY-F. Ashley specialises in facilitating trauma informed yoga and somatic movement practices for individuals as well as for incarcerated people and staff in secure facilities and residents in secure hospitals and in-patient facilities. No matter the setting, her intention is to hold a brave space for people to explore their inner and outer experiences safely through the medium of somatic movement.
To learn more about Ashley and her work visit her website www.ashleymacdonald.co.uk
- Spaces are limited in order to provide focused learning & support.
- This course discusses sensitive material however participants will not be expected to share personal experiences. This is a learning environment and not a therapeutic process and so the facilitator will be providing support as a teacher rather than a therapist.
- This Zoom course will invite participants to have their camera on and to actively participate in discussions & questions.
- Attendance is required and recording will be available for 7 days to those that cannot make a session or have to leave early.
- We understand that due to time zones some may want to view the full course recorded if they cannot actively attend at all. We understand the frustration however the facilitator needs to be able to support and engage with participants in an active manner. Therefore we will not be offering the recording of the full course to be viewed online.
- When registering to this event your contact details will be shared with the facilitator so they can send you more information, handouts and material as needed.
- For more questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3 hours 45 minutesDay 1
3 hours 45 minutesDay 2
- Sold OutUnderrepresented Artist£129VAT included£129VAT included0£0
- Sold OutSliding Scale 1£149VAT included£149VAT included0£0
- Sliding Scale 2£169VAT included£169VAT included0£0