Tudor Costume & Staging Movement: fights, intimacy and characterisation
Time & Location
About the Event
From Shakespeare's plays on stage to period TV dramas, the Tudor era is a favourite with both audiences and producers. In this workshop we will look more closely at the fashion of the period to uncover how we can utilise costume knowledge and tips to stage fights, intimacy scenes and develop character movement.
- structure of Tudor fashion and its terminology
- how costume can affect staging fights, intimacy scenes and character movement
- how to use and adapt period costume for performance
Who is this workshop aimed for?
Movement directors, fight directors, intimacy directors, intimacy coordinators, early career costume designers, directors, performers, teachers.
Shoni has been designing and constructing costumes for Theatre, Film & TV and Private clientele since 2011. Shoni is known for her craftsmanship and knowledge in making and designing period costumes from 1066-1910. Her attention to detail has seen her work featured at Hampton Court Palace, in London's West End and on the Olivier Awards red carpet. Her most recent collection ‘The Art of Queening’ is influenced by historical figures and issues faced by women for over 500 years, the designs are a fusion of historical techniques and silhouettes with contemporary themes and textiles.
A UK based Fight Director, Intimacy Director and Movement Director, Yarit is an Ensemble Associate Artist with The Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and teaches for the Globe Education. For the Shakespeare's Globe she worked on: Hamlet, As You Like It, Much Ado About Nothing, Richard II, Romeo & Juliet (covid paused). Additional related stage credits include: Macbeth (Royal Exchange Manchester), Romeo & Juliet (SITS), As You Like It (SITS), A Midsummer Night's Dream (SITS), Titus Andronicus (Peckham Asylum). For TV, Yarit recently worked as an intimacy coordinator on 'Spanish Princess Season 2' and currently filming 'Becoming Elizabeth', both shows are tudor period dramas for Starz.
Note: this Zoom workshop will allow video and microphone to be activated so you can participate in that manner should you wish.
For more information: email@example.com
General Pricing Information:
We offer various pricing options:
- Full Price
- Two sliding scale prices (limited number)
- Price for Artists from underrepresented minorities (limited number)
- Full Price£50+£10 VAT+£1.50 Service fee£50+£10 VAT+£1.50 Service fee0£0
- Sliding Scale Rate 1£45+£9 VAT+£1.35 Service fee£45+£9 VAT+£1.35 Service fee0£0
- Sliding Scale Rate 2£40+£8 VAT+£1.20 Service fee£40+£8 VAT+£1.20 Service fee0£0
- Underrepresented Artist£30+£6 VAT+£0.90 Service fee£30+£6 VAT+£0.90 Service fee0£0