Safety Framework: Staging & Managing Intimacy, Fights and Movement
Time & Location
About the Event
This three hour workshop will introduce you to a safety framework that can support the staging and managing of scenes with fights, movement and intimacy. We will explore concepts of safe and ethical practice, discuss possible tools to use in rehearsals and look at related documentation and supportive research.
Topics may include:
- Creation Process & Pitfalls
- Relevant Leadership and Awareness Skills
- Concepts for creating a safety framework from pre-rehearsals to show
- Navigating physical & emotional risk factors
- Recommended paperwork and further resources.
Who is it aimed for?
- Theatre directors and assistant directors
- Stage managers
- Theatre Producers
- Fight directors, movement directors and intimacy directors
- Drama teachers in higher education (note that this workshop will not focus on how to transfer industry skills to classroom practice however some aspects will apply if you are inviting guest industry directors to direct third year BA shows).
Yarit Dor is a Fight Director, Movement Director and the first Intimacy Director in the West End (Death of A Salesman, 2019-2020). She is an IDC certified intimacy director & coordinator, a BASSC stage combat teacher and former dancer of Hagit Yakira Company. She is an Ensemble Associate Artist of the Shakespeare's Globe and Associate Artist of Director's Cut Theatre. Her stage credits include: West End, Shakespeare's Globe, Young Vic, Bush Theatre, Royal Exchange Manchester, Gate Theatre and Almeida amongst others.
She is a respected visiting movement, intimacy & stage combat tutor in various drama schools in the UK and a co-director of Moving body Arts. For more information on Yarit's work: www.yarit-dor.com
- This is a participatory workshop so Zoom functions will allow you to unmute and show video if you wish.
- This workshop will introduce practices for the UK live performance industry. If you work in another country you are invited to attend and transfer helpful concepts to your own industry.