Dare To Lead™ - For Artists & Creatives
Time & Location
About the Event
Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage building program for leaders. We define ‘Leaders’ as “someone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and has the courage to develop that potential”.
Dates: Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th March, Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th April.
Time: 1600-2100 GMT (there will be breaks during the session)
Participants are required to attend all sessions, no recording of the sessions will be available.
Places are limited.
The most significant finding from Brené’s latest research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. The Dare to Lead™ program focuses on developing these courage building skills to help individuals, teams, and organizations move from armoured leadership to daring leadership.
The four skill sets are:
- Rumbling with vulnerability
- Living into our Values
- BRAVING Trust
- Learning to Rise
Included in the registration fee -
- PDF Dare to Lead™ workbook
- Pre-programme activity – questionnaires and reflective questions
- Activities between the March and April sessions
The programme will be led by Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitators, Adé Adeniji and Darren Brady.
Adé Adeniji is a Consultant, Coach and Group Facilitator. He has over 20 years experience in Human Resources - including leadership and leadership development - spanning the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. He was Human Resources Director with Liberty Global Europe, a digital media company, with responsibility for the UK, Netherlands, Spain and Central Europe. Prior to that, he was Head of Human Resources with Guardian News and Media Ltd. He has held other HR roles with the Financial Ombudsman Service, ITV, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Cabinet Office and the Government Legal Service. Previous clients include BBC, Economist, Philips, Wellcome Trust, BuzzFeed, Wilmington University and the NHS.
Adé is a Chartered Member of the CIPD. As a practitioner, Ade adopts a holistic approach in all aspects of his work, this involves working with individuals, teams and organisations to give voice to unexpressed thoughts and emotions, with a view to having conscious courageous conversations.
Darren Brady is a coaching practitioner, group facilitator and social entrepreneur. Prior to training with the Coaches Training Institute in 2006, Darren had a successful career in teaching and project creation that culminated with him establishing a high profile business based in central London.
After several intensive years of self development he chose to radically alter his path, selling the company and establishing a coaching practice working with hundreds of clients on a 1-2-1 basis. He trained and was certified by Stanford University to deliver the Positive Self Management Program to people living with chronic health conditions.
Darren has been an associate trainer for Broadlands Consulting - delivering in person courses for global businesses and for Life Clubs - providing self awareness programs in the workplace.
In 2011 he co-founded the social enterprise The Quest with Ade Adeniji and completed the School for Social Entrepreneurs fellowship program. Following training in Texas, Darren became certified to deliver Brené Brown researched programs: Rising Strong, The Daring Way, The Gifts of Imperfection and Dare to Lead, internationally and within the UK.
Since 2017 Darren has led the ‘Developing Self’ curriculum for the School for Social Entrepreneurs programs in the UK.
He organises retreats in Thailand and Bali and is a Huffington Post contributor.
Additional Information about the course:
- Spaces are limited in order to provide focused learning & support.
- This course discusses leadership and working methods and so exercises may ask you to consider how you work and how can you identify new ways to integrate courage, vulnerability, boundaries & trust. Participants will not be required to share personal experiences. This is a learning environment, not a therapeutic space and so the facilitators will be providing support in a coaching manner rather than as therapists.
- This Zoom course will invite participants to have their camera on and to actively participate in discussions & questions.
- Attendance is required and recording will not be possible. If you miss a session the facilitators may guide you to some information so you can catch up as much as possible before the next session.
- When registering to this event your contact details will be shared with the facilitators so they can send you more information, handouts and material as needed.
- For more questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. Brené is also a visiting professor in management at The University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business.
She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and her latest book, Dare to Lead.
Brené hosts the Unlocking Us Podcast and the Dare to Lead Podcast. Her TED talk – The Power of Vulnerability – is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world with over 50 million views. She is also the first researcher to have a filmed lecture on Netflix. The Call to Courage special debuted on the streaming service in April 2019.
Brené lives in Houston, Texas, with her husband, Steve. They have two children, Ellen and Charlie.
Introduction Video - https://youtu.be/hEnqV_M_Dm4
- Underrepresented Artists£599VAT included£599VAT included0£0
- Sliding Scale 1£649VAT included£649VAT included0£0
- Sliding Scale 2£699VAT included£699VAT included0£0